Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 February 2012

Kieren back for Saturday, case of mistaken identity ......................................................................................................

Kieren will back in the UK on Saturday to ride at Lingfield. He already has rides booked for James Tate in the maiden, Roman Straits in the 6f handicap and is set to get back on board Palace Moon in the feature.

He has enjoyed his time in Dubai but it's nice to get him back in Britain. It's important not to lose too many contacts by not being available. Dubai slows down now so he should be riding over here till at least next Tuesday.

I'm keen to kick on now, formatting riding out plans, liasing with trainers for potential rides and, as always, trying to find new avenues. The main players for this year will gradually trickle back in just over a month.

This will be my 17th year as an agent and, apart from be disenchanted early last year, I'm looking forward to the challenge. Kieren and I will again have to fight for every ride but, like a side signing new players, Im pleased with the new acquisitions. There are a couple more on the horizon

Hoof It, now that Green Destiny has been sold, will be Kieren's main horse this year along with Brown Panther. Mick Easterby, his trainer, is a character to say the least.

Dealing with trainers is the most difficult part of the job. Some, I'm sure, don't like me and the feeling is mutual but you have to find a way to get on. With Mick it's slightly different.

I rang up for a ride for Edie Ahern about two years ago. Mick went into a tirade of abnuse saying that I had got off one of his a week before. He questioned my parentage, got my bits confused with a women and called me a bald bastard.

It was only after he called me Tony that I realised he had got me confused with Tony Hind, another agent. When told I was Terry Norman. He said "You probably deserved it you f*****." Then put the phone down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment