Powered By Blogger

Monday 5 March 2012

For anybody that is remotely interested in why Kieren and I split..............................................................................................................

My association with Kieren came to an abrupt end on Saturday morning while sitting having a coffee at McDonalds and I would like to apologise once more to the woman who was treated to a volley of liquid.

I received the news via a text message at 9am. Stating that he was going to another agent because she was an old friend who was restarting as an agent –she gave up last year because she couldn’t hack it anymore. He thanked me for my efforts. That was it. No explanation.

Initially, I have to admit, I thought it was a joke, somebody had taken his phone and sent the message as a prank. It was only confirmation from Kirsty that I realised it was true.

Did I see it coming? No way. There had been no arguments, we had been planning for the new season. Kieren had finished third in the title, without backing from a major yard in terms of numbers, with 154 winners. He had 900 rides, 130 for different yards, and accrued around £2million in prize money.

I lost Shane Kelly and then Eddie Ahern, who admittedly needed a change after seven years, because of my commitment they felt I was giving to Kieren. They may have been right as winning the championship was the main priority and it nearly killed me.

Even my fiecest critics will agree that my record stands the closest scrutiny. I have produced a champion jockey, and a 2nd and a 3rd. In total, they have won over £10million in prize money. At least I can sympathise with Lee Clark and Gary Megson

Will I carry on being a jockeys agent? I’m not sure. You have no contract and, as I found out, you can be dropped without a seconds notice. What will I do next, if I don’t? I have no idea!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment